This week’s links from around the internet…Check them out:
- Don’t Let the Screen Strangle Your Soul (Part 1 & Part 2): Kevin DeYoung addresses our desire for “the screen.” … “Our digital age gives new relevance to Pascal’s famous line: ‘I have often said that the sole cause of man’s unhappiness is that he does not know how to stay quietly in his room.'”
- Mind, Will, and Emotion in Discipline: Worth a read for those who are seeking to be careful about how they discipline their children–e.g. not reacting in the same manner to every struggle of your child
- An Alternative to Micromanaging Your Children: “As parents we often struggle with this reality: the older our kids get, the weightier their decisions become. We also realize there is a great deal of evil in the world that we want to protect our children from. Given these facts, parents are often tempted to micromanage in an effort to prevent poor decisions. Parents may have good intentions but can become overbearing when driven by fear.”
- Advice for Parenting Young Children: Some great principles (albeit an informal and kinda random list) for parents of young children
- Journey to the Cross: Devotional Reading for Lent — a PDF that could help you if you want to have a few weeks focused on the life and sacrifice of Jesus. Lent start TODAY, in case you’re wondering.
Jesus Wants the Rose (by Matt Chandler): in honor of Valentine’s Day tomorrow…worth the watch…and it has nothing to do with “the Bachelor.”